There is plenty to discover in our beautiful region between see and mountains, destinations, walking tours, monuments, historical sites, outstanding nature, relax in many ways…
Here is a brief overview of things to do around us:
- To see and do in Carcassonne: the Cité (the citadel), the Bastide (downtown), the South Canal (Canal du Midi), the golf, the lake, local gastronomy with its Michelin stars.
- The castles of Saissac, Salses, the Cathar castles like Peyrepertuse, Queribus, Lastours etc…
- The abbeys of Lagrasse, Carcassonne, Caune-Minervois, Fontfroide, Saint-Hilaire
- Villages labelled ‘Amongst Most Beautiful in France’ like Minerve, Lagrasse, Mirepoix, Foix
- The weekly markets in Carcassonne, Narbonne, Bram, Esperaza
- Cities like Narbonne, Perpignan, Bézier, Toulouse, Montpellier
- Coastal destinations in Gruissan, Sigean, Leucate, Collioure “Unique destinations like the pre-historic Dolmen and Menhirs, the dry stone shepherd sheds or ‘capitelles’, the cave of Limousis and crevasse of Cabrespine, the canyon of Galamus, the suspension walkway of Mazamaet, the yellow train of the Pyrenees”.